Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reunions and Good Times




It's almost ridiculous how much I miss some of my high school friends. I miss being surrounded by people that I've spent years getting to know. I miss walking down the halls of school, going around town, or even just showing up at Walmart and seeing a plethora of familiar faces. I miss the kids that come from the same background as me, that have the same standards and the same aims in life. I miss having friends around that already know me for me; who know where I'm coming from and what I'm all about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to live in the past here. I've met a lot of new people here and I have friends enough. I really am enjoying myself, I promise. However, every once in a while, I find myself really missing some of the goofy personalities that I spent "the good old days" with. Strangely enough, with only a few exceptions, some of the ones I miss the most come from dear old Payson, rather than Salem. I suppose the reason for this is that I have stayed friends with the Payson kids even through the splitting of schools and the intense rivalry, making us close friends now even though many of us live far away from each other.

This weekend was full of reunions and good times with the P-Town crew. We started off with our good friend Nikota Vacher (who graduated from Payson the same year as us) getting married to her missionary. Though there were many who couldn't make it to the reception because of driving distance and such, there were still a lot of old friends and familiar faces there. The reception was one big hug-fest and dance party :) The next day, our dear friends Zachary Quist and Rachelle Whatcott had a combined birthday party. This was especially epic, because not only were most of our Payson buddies there, but since Zac and I hang with the same group at BYU, they came as well. So now they all know each other. Oh, the joys of networking.

Anywho. Great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment